Whether you’re looking for someone to make your event a smashing hit, you need an expert opinion, or you’re looking to put some numbers to your next big idea, you’ve come to the right place.
Below, you will find our standard services along with an approximate cost for us to come onboard.
Our Chief Economist, Ed King, is available for public speaking engagements.
Standard rates are as follows:
30-60 minute presentation including Q&A (including up to 5 hours of prep):
- Virtual informal = $500
- Virtual organized event = $1,000
- In-person event with less than 100 people = $2,000 plus travel costs
- In-person event with more than 100 people = $3,000 plus travel costs
- Abnormal required analysis and preparation for specific requests = $150/hour
Fee waivers are available for up to four non-profits organizations per year. Please ask about availability.
We are available for retainer contracts as an independent consultant. Entering a retainer agreement with us gives your organization access to our principal for phone calls, board meetings, and email inquiries. If you’re looking for an expert for you to bounce around ideas and get feedback on proposals, this might be the route for you.
Standard consultation retainer rates:
- Board meeting participation only = $500 per meeting
- Intermittent advisor (up to 10 hours per month) = $10,000 per year
- Active advisor (unlimited) = $50,000 per year
If you have a specific project or policy proposal that you’d like to explore, we can help. Our team has experience with economic feasibility studies, project finance, and strategic decision evaluations.
Do you have a proposal that you need to put some numbers to? Our standard rate is $150 per hour, but fixed project rate contracts are available. Projects typically run between $2,000 and $200,000, with most in the ballpark of $5,000.
Subscribers to our forecasting service receive unlimited access to our short-term and long-term projections of Alaska’s economy. However, you may want to dive deeper into your sector. Perhaps you are mostly interested in the real estate market or the oil industry. No problem. There are three options for you:
- Industry sponsorship ($1,000 per month) – This service adds an analysis of a specific industry to the general forecasting service with a “sponsored by” tag and logo.
- Exclusive report ($2,500 per issue) – This service is a personalized newsletter built specifically for the requesting party to use as they wish. It is not published on the King Economics Group website unless requested to do so.
- Specific evaluation (typically $5,000 to $50,000) – This service is an in-depth evaluation of an industry (including risks, uncertainties, trends, and sensitivities) and often includes some form of “what-if” analysis. For example, “how does the forecast change if the Federal Government passes the Green New Deal?” The standard rate is $150 per hour, although fixed rate contracts are available (and may include a presentation of the findings).